Monday, October 02, 2006
California Dreamin'
We just got back from a fun-filled 10 day trip to California. The first weekend was for my baby shower. It was so nice to have so many people that I love in one place after being so far away for so long. There are, however, pluses and minuses. I got to see everyone, but didn't get to spend much quality time with many of them because it was a party type situation. The babies got some great gifts. It's fun to see boy clothes, and Mom, Jenna, and Kathy made some beautiful things for them. During the week I got to spend time with each day with friends that I miss, and Eszter got to do Irvine Park with Kristy and Judah. This last weekend was dedicated to the annual family camping trip to Pismo Beach. Fun as always, just a little short because Bri could only get Friday off of work. Eszter slept pretty well (in our bed, not hers) and I was actually comfortable on the air mattress. Then came the fun drive from central California to Phoenix. Ouch. But we stopped to see the Mannings, do a little outlet shopping, and then dinner, so the trip was a little more comfortable. The only bummer of the trip was that Brian had to fly home during the week to work, but we survived and won't have to be apart again for a long time. The whole thing made me a little homesick. It's hard to be away from everyone I love. But our little family is really doing well and happy here, and getting ready to become a big family, soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i miss you guys so much... it was hard to be a big girl and share you at the shower.. but someone has to do it.. i was looking at flights to AZ.. and it looks like after school is over in december.. i can head out for a couple days of you and me and baby time.. just a thought..
Post a Comment