Thursday, May 29, 2008

shakespeare, tall hills and a big city

Last weekend I took the opportunity to be a part of a surprise 30th birthday for my old roommate from Biola.  It's not often that he is surprised, but this one caught Blaine off guard like nothing else. Blaine (pictured left) moved to Chicago after graduation and in his passion for acting and improv, started the improvised shakespeare company which is part of the improv olympics and is involved in other improv and even teaching a class or two in philosophy at Loyla.  Keep your eye on this guy...he's going to be on SNL some day...


We had a great time strolling the amazing city and 'purchasing fun' and just taking it easy.  My camera battery dried up so below are some pics from my phone.  I'll try and get more up once the digital photos get passed around.  Above is Blaine, Josh and me. w scott was also there who graciously kept Josh and I occupied, fed and semi-rested.  Thanks Cheney Fam!!  It was great to meet Elayna and Ava and see Rebecca after too many years.

We had a wonderful time and I look forward to taking the whole family (well, maybe next time just Ashlee =) 

lake michigan (basically the view from the apartment)
a shot of downtown
where else?
someday, I will see a game here


No comments: